Claims: Group Critical Illness

Employee working in the office

Who should make the claim?


You do not need to download any forms from our website; your employer will provide you with any claim forms you need to fill in and tell you how, when and where to return them.


As the policyholder you need to submit the Group Critical Illness claim. You can access all the information you need to do this, including downloadable claim forms, on this page.

Forms to fill in

You can download all the forms you need to fill in for your claim from the table, below:

FormNo. of copies to printFilled in bySend to
Employer claim form1EmployerUnum
Employee claim form1EmployeeUnum
Consent Form1EmployeeUnum together with their original birth certificate as proof of age
Your Statutory Rights1EmployeeN/A. For the employee to keep

If you require any assistance completing the claim forms or would prefer these to be sent via post or completed telephonically please let us know by emailing

Where to send the forms

Please look at the table above to see where you should send the forms. Where a form needs to be returned to Unum, you can submit your claim to us on paper to the address below, by email or simply by calling us on 01306 873243.

Claims Department
Milton Court
Dorking, Surrey

When to submit the forms

Please submit the forms as soon as possible to ensure we can pay your claim promptly.

Managing your claim

Your claim will be assessed by one of our experienced claims handlers. In some cases, we may require further medical evidence or an independent assessment of your employee’s medical condition from an impartial consultant. Where this is the case, we will arrange and pay for this consultation and any reasonable travel costs.

We will keep you regularly updated on the progress of your claim.

Claim payment

If your claim is accepted, payment will be made directly to your employee.

We're here to help

Have a question or can’t find what you’re looking for? Get in touch with us.

Contact us