The business continuity procedures we have put in place allow for post, such as original certificates, to be collected and processed in the usual way from our Dorking office. These procedures are being constantly monitored and reviewed, and we will let customers know if there are any changes that impact them.
For members who have initiated medical underwriting - eg. made an appointment for a tele-interview, completed a tele-interview or we have received an application form), our terms and conditions allow temporary cover to continue until any medical information is received and/or we reach a decision. If we were unable to obtain medical underwriting/assessment information in the longer term, we would consider on a case-by-case basis.
- We have a digital form, with digital signature, which is routed to us automatically via encrypted email. Details can be found at https://www.unum.co.uk/muw
Employees will need the scheme policy number and should take special care when entering their email address, as if entered wrongly they will not be able to validate their forms and the contents will be lost.
- If customers still hold PDF versions of our application form, we will accept these (and we accept clearly scanned “wet signatures”). These should be sent to us at email@example.com.
- We also offer tele-interviews. These can be booked via the same webpage.
We are not making any changes to our requirements and will need the normal evidence to confirm eligibility for benefit.
Until further notice, we are adopting the following approach:
For policyholders/brokers (as well as documents with wet signatures):
- Where a wet signature is normally required, we will review on a case-by-case basis. We may consider the option of an electronic signature or a scanned copy of the original, as long as the scan is sufficiently clear and fully legible.
From employees – we can accept (as well as documents with wet signatures):
- A scanned copy or a photograph of the original document submitted by email – but only as long as:
- The scan or photograph is sufficiently clear and fully legible, and
- The original document as scanned/photographed clearly has a wet signature that allows us to validate the document.
- We can also use e-signature software as needed.
For coronavirus COVID-19 updates and product related questions please click here.