While most people naturally return to work following an illness or injury, others may struggle to get back into the routine. That’s when our Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants (VRCs) can help, offering a wide range of support, guidance and expertise for all our Income Protection customers.
How we can help
Our VRCs have expertise in a wide range of areas including occupational therapy, occupational psychology, physiotherapy and nursing.
We can link into employers' existing absence management practices and work with their Occupational Health provider, if they have one, to help prevent short-term problems from becoming a long term absence.
Access to our rehabilitation support is available whenever it’s needed. If an employee is having problems coping at work or from day one of absence, we can suggest strategies to help. And because not every absence needs to use every rehabilitation tool, we can even answer some queries over the phone.
Our team of rehabilitation experts can:
- provide a one-off Wellbeing Check for employees who may be struggling with their wellbeing
- give guidance on getting employees back to work
- work with employers to identify the reason(s) for continued absence from work
- put together a plan to help the employee return to work where appropriate
- help identify any reasonable adjustments to help support an absent employee back into the workplace
Specialised assessments and training
We offer a number of specialised assessments that can help support employees in the workplace including:
- Dyslexia vocational evaluation
- Functional (physical) capacity
- Psychometric (mental)
We offer training for line managers and HR teams – those at the forefront of sickness absence – with our On Course webinars:
- Cancer in the Workplace
- Mental Health in the Workplace
- Prevention of Musculoskeletal Disorders in the workplace
- Stress awareness and management
- Sickness absence management
- Fluctuating and recurring conditions (such as asthma, inflammatory bowel diseases, arthritis , MS, etc.)
- Gender, health, work (webinar only)
- U-First – a series of sessions for employees designed to improve wellbeing
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or click below for our online e-modules covering:
- Stress awareness (Online version)
- Managing sickness absence (Online version)
- Cancer in the workplace (Online version)
- Bereavement workshop (Online only)
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD) workshop (Online only)
- Mental health (online version)
Employers can access our rehabilitation support at any time, before, during or after a claim has been made. Our VRCs work closely with our claims team to identify opportunities where practical support can help absent staff members and employers achieve the best possible outcome.
For support managing general sickness absence-related issues:
- call our helpline on 01306 646 001
- email: email@example.com
To make a referral, click here