3rd June, 2019
BBC and Unum: Employee wellbeing critical to business success as firms face staff absences due to ill health
Wednesday 18th September
- Unum is launching a new app-based service providing employees with fast, simple, remote access to GPs and health support
- In partnership with Square Health, Unum’s offering benefits both employees and their families seeking quality medical support via one single platform
Monday, 2nd September 2019: Leading UK employee benefits provider, Unum, has announced it is launching “Help@hand” a new range of app-based services giving employees and their families improved access to medical support at the touch of a screen.
Unum announces launch of new app-based services giving employees access to remote GPs and enhanced health support
19 August 2019 leading UK employee benefits provider, Unum, today announced it would be launching “Help@hand” a new range of services, giving employees and their families access to medical support at the touch of a screen.
More than half of employees with cancer felt they may have been able to return to work sooner had they received better employer support
14th of August 2019
- More employees than ever are using Unum’s support for mental health conditions
- Biggest increase in referrals are male employees under the age of 30
- Increasing proportion of employees are being helped back to work using Unum’s return to work support
- More than 7,000 people accessed Unum’s range of rehabilitation services in 2018
12 July 2019 Unum has reported that more people used its return to work support in 2018 for mental health issues than any other condition. Unum’s rehabilitation team provide support to ill or injured employees, helping them recover and safely return to work. Two fifths (39%) of all cases were related to mental health issues including stress and anxiety.
2nd April 2019
As part of its ongoing drive to broaden and deepen the services it provides to customers, employee benefits provider Unum is enhancing its proposition by offering more embedded benefits to all its Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life customers through its partnership with LifeWorks, including:
- New perks and savings, such as digital gift card discounts, online cashback, in-store and online coupons, and lifestyle offers
- An enhanced mobile app, available in the App Store or Google Play, bringing all of LifeWorks’ tools to the employee’s pocket
- Wellness content, educating employees on physical, mental, social and financial wellbeing through articles, podcasts, toolkits and infographics
- Personalised news feed for employers to suit their business needs, so wellbeing resources and company messages can be adjusted to reflect key business initiatives
15th January 2019
It’s the time of year when many Britons resolve to improve their health and well-being, like eating better, exercising more, or saving money. They may also resolve to look for a new job.
- Nearly a quarter of workers (24 percent) often think about quitting.
- 43 percent of workers will probably look for a new job, and nearly 2 out of 5 workers (38 percent) are very likely to look for a new job.
- Only 14 percent of workers feel strongly they would be happy staying with their current employers for the rest of their careers.
23rd July 2018 (amended 12th December 2018)
Unum UK has launched a new support service to help employers and their employees get the help they need when first facing a mental health concern.
Responding to a big increase in stress-related work absences, Unum has developed a ‘Mental Health Pathway’ as an early intervention service.