2021 vision: Unum enhances Optical proposition after difficult year for UK eye health and increase in screen time
Tuesday 15th June 2021
Monday 14th June 2021
Wednesday 2nd June 2021
2020 most successful year yet for Unum’s rehabilitation service: 95.1% of employees using it remained in or returned to work
Tuesday 25th May 2021
New ‘Value of Help’ report launched as over a quarter of organisations struggle to make business case for employee wellbeing measures
Wednesday 28th April 2021
Tuesday 23rd March 2021
Unum extends in-demand Help@hand app to small businesses with a Life Insurance or Critical Illness policy
Tuesday 9th March 2021
Thursday 11th February 2021
Thursday 11th February 2021
Thursday 13th January 2021
Thursday 12th November 2020
5th November 2020
Following government guidelines to help patients and practices stay safe, both dentists and their patients are now required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during appointments, with some surgeries passing this cost on to patients.
Surge in use of virtual health care since lockdown with twice as many mental health appointments provided
Thursday 8th October 2020
7 September 2020
Access to Help@hand app reaches 165,000 employees and service usage increases by over 400% during lockdown period.
30 July 2020
Unum extends its digital health and wellbeing service during Coronavirus - with free access for small businesses
Updated 2 June 2020
At a time when UK businesses have been turned upside down by Covid-19, many are looking to understand steps they can take to be more resilient during the crisis. One in four (24%) SMEs want advice about supporting their employee’s wellbeing, and 38% of medium sized businesses want to know what their duties as employers are to their staff1.
Missed medical appointments present ‘huge’ cost to health and productivity of full-time workers, say Unum
22 April 2020
3rd June, 2019
BBC and Unum: Employee wellbeing critical to business success as firms face staff absences due to ill health
Wednesday 18th September 2019
- Unum is launching a new app-based service providing employees with fast, simple, remote access to GPs and health support
- In partnership with Square Health, Unum’s offering benefits both employees and their families seeking quality medical support via one single platform
Monday, 2nd September 2019: Leading UK employee benefits provider, Unum, has announced it is launching “Help@hand” a new range of app-based services giving employees and their families improved access to medical support at the touch of a screen.
Unum announces launch of new app-based services giving employees access to remote GPs and enhanced health support
19 August 2019 leading UK employee benefits provider, Unum, today announced it would be launching “Help@hand” a new range of services, giving employees and their families access to medical support at the touch of a screen.
More than half of employees with cancer felt they may have been able to return to work sooner had they received better employer support
14th of August 2019
- More employees than ever are using Unum’s support for mental health conditions
- Biggest increase in referrals are male employees under the age of 30
- Increasing proportion of employees are being helped back to work using Unum’s return to work support
- More than 7,000 people accessed Unum’s range of rehabilitation services in 2018
12 July 2019 Unum has reported that more people used its return to work support in 2018 for mental health issues than any other condition. Unum’s rehabilitation team provide support to ill or injured employees, helping them recover and safely return to work. Two fifths (39%) of all cases were related to mental health issues including stress and anxiety.
2nd April 2019
As part of its ongoing drive to broaden and deepen the services it provides to customers, employee benefits provider Unum is enhancing its proposition by offering more embedded benefits to all its Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life customers through its partnership with LifeWorks, including:
- New perks and savings, such as digital gift card discounts, online cashback, in-store and online coupons, and lifestyle offers
- An enhanced mobile app, available in the App Store or Google Play, bringing all of LifeWorks’ tools to the employee’s pocket
- Wellness content, educating employees on physical, mental, social and financial wellbeing through articles, podcasts, toolkits and infographics
- Personalised news feed for employers to suit their business needs, so wellbeing resources and company messages can be adjusted to reflect key business initiatives
15th January 2019
It’s the time of year when many Britons resolve to improve their health and well-being, like eating better, exercising more, or saving money. They may also resolve to look for a new job.
- Nearly a quarter of workers (24 percent) often think about quitting.
- 43 percent of workers will probably look for a new job, and nearly 2 out of 5 workers (38 percent) are very likely to look for a new job.
- Only 14 percent of workers feel strongly they would be happy staying with their current employers for the rest of their careers.
23rd July 2018 (amended 12th December 2018)
Unum UK has launched a new support service to help employers and their employees get the help they need when first facing a mental health concern.
Responding to a big increase in stress-related work absences, Unum has developed a ‘Mental Health Pathway’ as an early intervention service.