Unum Group Risk products include an Employer and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides a comprehensive package of work/life support services to employees and their immediate family members. Group Income Protection customers also get additional employer services.
What do you get?
Sometimes it’s the little things in life that turn into a big problem, and unresolved personal or work issues can have a major impact on wellbeing. Unum LifeWorks is designed to help employees cope with simple questions to complex issues, by giving them information and confidential practical support on a range of everyday issues including work, family, relationships, money and health.
For example, Unum LifeWorks provides a fully-researched referral service that can suggest up to 3 possible providers of childcare or elder care based on an employee’s specific requirements.
Employees can access the service via:
- WEBSITE: unum-uk.lifeworks.com (you’ll need your user ID and password to hand): a library of downloadable materials and interactive tools
- FREEPHONE 0800 048 2702: confidential support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- MOBILE APP: Download the mobile app from the Apple App or Google Play stores; simply search 'Lifeworks' and look for the Lifeworks logo. Or you can download the iPhone app here, or the Android app here. The user ID and password are the same as the ones you use to access the website.
Additional services for employees with Income Protection
- Expert legal advice for employees (excluding dependants) on domestic issues, such as motoring offences, wills and probate, debt and personal injury
- Up to 4 face-to-face counselling sessions for employees (excluding dependants) which typically start within 5 working days
Our EAP service can also be accessed via the Help@hand app, for insured employees covered under a Unum Group Income Protection policy.
Help@hand can provide eligible employees and their families* with access to:
- Remote GPs
- Mental health support
- Medical second opinions
- Employee Assistance Programme
* Employees and partners can access all services. Children are eligible to access the Remote GP and Medical second opinion services up to their 18th birthday, or 24th birthday if in full-time education. Children can access our EAP after their 18th birthday and up the their 24th birthday, if in full-time education.
For more information on Help@hand visit unum.co.uk/help-at-hand.
If you currently have a Unum Group Income Protection policy and would like to register for Help@hand, you can sign up to the Admin Portal here.
Additional services with Life Insurance
- Up to 4 face-to-face counselling sessions for the employee or the employee’s dependants, should they lose their partner, or employees who may be struggling to cope with a colleague’s death
As well as the employee services listed above, employers who have an Income Protection scheme with Unum also benefit from additional employer services. Here's how they can help:
If you need help with the complexities of employment law, health and safety, and other legislative obligations, but don’t want the large legal bill that goes with it, Unum LifeWorks Legal can provide help at no additional cost.
Telephone legal helpline
- Experienced advisers on hand 8am – 8pm, Monday to Friday
- Advice on a range of issues including employment law, commercial law, HR, health and safety, intellectual property and tax
- A clear explanation of the law relating to your issues and the options available to you
Legal document creation
- Create all the customised, legally binding documents your business needs, quickly and simply
- Easy to use system asks you questions and generates documents – prepared by an experienced lawyer - based on your answers
- includes a health and safety policy creator to help ensure health and safety compliance
The service also includes confidential support for managers on all aspects of their management role, and an informal and formal referrals service where managers can ask qualified consultants or counsellors to contact employees to help them with their issues or address any performance-related problems.