We’re in a people business, providing back-up plans to UK workers. So we want to make sure we show that we’re a company of people that care, driven by values that together mean we make a difference.
Our customers rely on us to deliver on our insurance promise. Many have had their lives turned upside down by illness or injury.
Through our values, our aim is to ensure that everyone who calls, emails, or speaks to us face-to-face has a consistent and positive experience; making us a company people want to talk to.
- Commitment: We are passionately committed to delivering on our obligations to each other and to all who rely on us
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions and inactions and learn from our experience
- Caring: How we treat our customers, our communities and each other deeply matters to us, and we will always look to make a positive difference
- Courage: We will have the confidence to challenge the status quo, be pioneers, take risks and stand for what we believe
- Integrity: Integrity is at the core of who we are and will never be compromised
- Pride: We are proud of what we do and how we do it. That pride is evident in every action we take
We promote our values widely to our staff. Our award and recognition programme rewards those who go the extra mile in living our values.
With around 90% of UK workers unprotected from the devastating consequences of illness or injury, we want to do something to change this. We want to get the UK workforce talking about the importance of protecting their incomes.
Our consumer campaign is helping to raise awareness of the need for income protection by generating conversations about the need for a back-up plan. Our campaign is also, for the first time, putting the Unum name out there for employees to see.
"To be working Britain's first choice for a back-up plan."