Unum is committed to supporting the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) ongoing Treating Customers Fairly initiative. Our philosophy is always to put customers first and improve our own processes wherever possible.
Successful implementation of TCF should result in six key outcomes for customers:
- Outcome 1: Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture
- Outcome 2: Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly
- Outcome 3: Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale
- Outcome 4: Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances
- Outcome 5: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect
- Outcome 6: Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint
Where applicable, Unum has adopted each of these target states and, in addition, has committed to the following:
- incorporating TCF training across the customer facing areas of the company
- compulsory annual training on TCF for all staff
- identifying “TCF alerts” – practices which could be subject to minor amendment to improve the customer experience
If you would like to discuss our TCF work, please contact Karen Hill, Compliance Advisor on 01306 873113, or firstname.lastname@example.org.