At Unum, our culture is to put our customers first and we are always looking for opportunities to make it easier to work with us.
Fundamental to our customer culture is our commitment to support the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) Treating Customers Fairly initiative (TCF) – embedding the six key outcomes for customers and providing the right support to vulnerable customers*:
- Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint
Unum has adopted each of these outcomes and also committed to the following:
- Incorporating a TCF accountability within employee's job descriptions.
- Compulsory annual training on TCF and conduct risk for all staff
- Improving the customer experience through regular feedback.
* ”A vulnerable consumer is someone who, due to their personal circumstances, is especially susceptible to detriment, particularly when a firm is not acting with appropriate levels of care.” - FCA
If you would like to discuss our TCF work or Vulnerable Customer Policy, please contact Hélène Gullen, Head of Customer Experience on 01306 874229, or email@example.com