While most people naturally return to work following an illness or injury, others may struggle to get back into the routine. That’s when our Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants (VRCs) can help, offering a wide range of support, guidance and expertise for all our Income Protection customers.
How we can help
Our VRCs have expertise in a wide range of areas including occupational therapy, occupational psychology, physiotherapy and nursing.
Based across the UK, our VRCs can provide support no matter where people work or are located. We can link into employers' existing absence management practices and work with their Occupational Health provider, if they have one, to help prevent short-term problems from becoming a long term absence.
Access to our rehabilitation support is available whenever it’s needed. If an employee is having problems coping at work or from day one of absence, we can suggest strategies to help. And because not every absence needs to use every rehabilitation tool, we can even answer some queries over the phone.
Our nationwide team of rehabilitation experts can:
- give guidance on getting employees back to work
- work with employers to identify the reason(s) for continued absence from work
- put together a plan to help the employee return to work where appropriate
- help identify any reasonable adjustments to help support an absent employee back into the workplace
Specialised assessments and training
We offer a number of specialised assessments that can help support employees in the workplace including:
- Dyslexia vocational evaluation
- Functional (physical) capacity
- Psychometric (mental)
In addition to our specialised assessments, we can offer training for line managers and HR teams. Our On Course face-to-face and webinar workshops include:
- Prevention of Musculoskeletal Disorders in the workplace
- Stress awareness and management
- Sickness absence management
Find our current 2017 schedule here.
Our 'Cancer in the workplace' workshop is developed in partnership with Maggie’s and takes place at Maggie’s centres across the UK. For our 2017 schedule, click here.
We can also run these at our own offices, by webinar or even at employers’ premises. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or click here for our online e-modules covering:
- Stress awareness (Online version)
- Managing sickness absence (Online version)
- Cancer in the workplace (Online version)
- Bereavement workshop (Online only)
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD) workshop (Online only)
Employers can access our rehabilitation support at any time, before, during or after a claim has been made. Our VRCs work closely with our claims team to identify opportunities where practical support can help absent staff members and employers achieve the best possible outcome.
For support managing general sickness absence related issues:
- call our helpline on 01306 646 001
- email: email@example.com
For help supporting a specific employee: