Getting a quote
Click below to contact us for a quote.
If your client would like to accept a Voluntary Critical Illness quote, the steps below show you how to arrange cover.
You'll find downloadable versions of all the forms you need – just click on them to open.
- Step 1: Fill in a TOBA
- Step 2: Answer any caveats on the quote
- Step 3: Cover will start
- Step 4: Provide us with final information
- Step 5: Medical Underwriting: scheme member's application form
The TOBA sets out the terms and conditions upon which we accept business from an Adviser.
We need this completed document before we are able to arrange cover, so it makes sense to send it to us first – if you have not already done so - so as not to hold up the process.
Depending on where you are based, you will need to fill in one of the following two forms:
Keep a copy for your records and return the completed TOBA to us:
We'll need you to provide written confirmation for a couple of points:
- answers to any caveats on the quote.
- the reference number of the quote your client wants to accept
- the date they want the scheme to start
- your Financial Services Authority registration number.
Please post your answers to your Regional Sales Office – you can find all the office addresses in our office locations page.
Once we've received the answers to the questions in Step 2, we'll write to let you know that cover for your client has started (this is known as 'confirming acceptance of risk').
Important: You'll need to return this information to us within 30 days of the start date of the policy.
Before we can set up your policy, we will need a few more details:
- You'll need to complete and return a Quotation Acceptance Application Form (QAAF). Once completed, scan* or post it back to your Regional Sales Office - you can find the relevant address on the Contact Us section of our website.
- Membership data at the commencement date, i.e. name, date of birth, gender, salary, sum assured, spouse's benefit (if applicable), date of joining or date of leaving (if applicable).
- Deposit premium or Direct Debit mandate.
* If your client is paying premiums by Direct Debit Mandate please provide the original copy of your completed QAAF as we are unable to process payments using a scanned copy.
At the same time as issuing the account, we'll let you know which scheme members, if any, need medical underwriting. Members who do need underwriting will need to fill in a Scheme Member's Application form.
The employer should complete the initial scheme details on the form. The member will then need to complete questions about their lifestyle and medical history.
The completed form should be sent to:
***Cover depends on scheme level - terms and conditions apply.***